Sunday, January 27, 2008

No, Not A Rebel

Thank you Kim, for showing us the light. I'm not a rebel, no no no.... I'm a PATRIOT! I'm doing my part to stimulate the economy in my own small way. I'm wondering if it was something in that Los Angeles water that gave me the urge buy fabric? I have no excuses for my purchases, other than that Roman Holiday piece was 50% off, it will be the backing for my All Things Christmas. Oh and I'm really wanting to do a hexagon quilt out of Fig Tree fabrics and then there is the swap that I need stuff for. On the stash busting side I did manage to turn the charm pack that Darlene sent me into a little table runner. Note, that I have the backing up there. I'll machine quilt it next weekend.
I also finished the 2nd block of the Piece and Plenty Moda U Mystery. This basket is designed by Joanna of Fig Tree fame. Love doing these blocks, I'm going to start prepping the next one tomorrow nite. Have a good week everyone, hope you get some stitches in! xoxomar

11 comments:

Darlene said...

Doing your patriotic duty - way to go.

I love the tablerunner you made with the charm pack - very, very cute! :-)

I really need to get started on my Peace and Plenty blocks. Sigh!

Hugs to one Patriot from another. :-)

Carol said...

Don't you just love being called a Patriot! Your table runner is so cute and that Piece and Plenty block is beautiful!

Granny said...

I think you're a Patriot too! :)

Love your table runner and the new fabrics. You could've done worse, huh?

Nan said...

I have been a patriot myself lately! Hooray for us!! Your purchases are wonderful. Your table runner is so cute, and you even have backing fabric, so you're one step ahead of me - good girl! I think your Peace and Plenty block is gorgeous!

SuBee said...

Yaaa!!! There's hope for the economy yet, with stars like you working tirelessly towards the greater good!

roflmbo!! -- awesome haul, too -- good job!

Kim said...

Congratulations, Mar! I knew you could do it! And I really like the fact that your blog pincushion banner--with all the red, white, and blue--fits the patriotic theme too! GOOD JOB!

Wendy said...

I'm doing my best to help you guys as well. I went Washington State to do my quilt shopping therapy yesterday.
Love the table runner.

Your new block is adorable.

atet said...

Yep -- just doing your patriotic duty. And what a fun way to do it too! Love all of the fabric acquisitions -- enjoy them!

Thimbleanna said...

Excellent display of patriotism dear Mar! Cute tablerunner and I LOVE the applique block. I'd love to get back to my applique ;-)!

Lea said...

Wooo, Yummy color fabrics.... :-)
Your table runner is so cute.
and your Moda mystery block is very beautiful!

Christine said...

Very nice tablerunner and your basket block is lovely.