Friday, September 19, 2008

The Bags Have Landed!!

Well for me, Linda's Bag swap has officially come to an end. I have to tell you it was a very happy ending on my side of the world. Monday I received an email from Solstiches in Spain. I think she was very pleased with her bag. Her email just made me so happy. Mission accomplished! I came home from work the same day and found a box in front of my door. WHOO HOOO! My bag arrived. I forgot to get the camera right away, but I did come to my senses and I can show you what I received from Suzie The Busy Bee in GERMANY!!!
Suzie wrapped everything so pretty. I love this paper and I opened everything very carefully so that I can save it. There you can see a German postcard and some German hand lotion. I systematically opened the gifts largest to the smallest. I'm here to tell you that all were full of wonderful gifts. First, the star of the show... The Bag!
The fabric choices are perfect. Suzie hand stitched and appliqued the front and the back of the bag, it's fully lined and has a perfect little pocket inside. It cinches up really tight with the wooden beaded drawstring. I love it. I continued to open presents and was more amazed at each one! yummy chocolate!
Can you imagine my excitement when I opened these fat quarters of awesome red and white German fabric. Aren't they fabulous? and there's more!!!
Suzie also made this sweet little needle minder to match the bag, love the little stitches and needle. Look! a wrist pincushion that also coordinates. Love my reds!!
Linda has done it again! She matched me up with a great partner. One who obviously is talented and put a lot of thought and consideration into what she sent me. The only clues I gave were: No purple, I love red. WOW, I am overwhelmed and very grateful. Thank you Suzie and Linda too!!
Tomorrow I'm heading down for another sew day at Holly's with Deb, it should be a wonderful day with lots of sewing, chit chat, food and laughter. I'm excited because Holly finished my quilt so that I can bring it home with me! Hope you have a good day planned also!
xomar

39 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a lovely package of goodies! Your bag is so nice and I love the little needle minder.

julia said...

Hi Mar,
what lovely presents you got - they're just beautiful and you definitely deserve these beauties ;o) {I hope you got my thank-you e-mail...I'm still enjoying the pressies you've sent me...I love this magnet note pad, it's perfect...of course I love the other goodies, too!}
Hugs, Julia

Unknown said...

What a terrific parcel, gorgeous bag, and all the little extras. Now are you the lucky one!!! So glad you enjoyed the swap, enjoy your weekend with your friends.

Unknown said...

Forgot to say, we need photo's of the bag you made, please!!!

Sherri said...

Gorgeous bag! This bag swap looks like it was a lot of fun!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

I love all of the gifts that you received!

Have fun sewing with your friends!

Perry said...

Those are some great gifts you have there, Mar. I am sure the ones you sent are just as special. Have fun on your sew-in!

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Mar, congratulations! It looks like you got a great swap!

Cheryl said...

Wow - you hit the jackpot. Great bag and goodies!!!

Solstitches said...

What a lovely package you received Mar. I'm glad your partner spoiled you because you really spoiled me and I haven't stopped admiring my bag since I received it :)

Lea said...

Such a pretty package, seems like you already having a Christmas gift! *S*
Your new sewing bag is Soooooo cute! Lucky, you!

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Lovely things with your bag, lucky you.

Karen said...

I did not participate in the bag swap but have thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the bags that have passed hands. Some very creative people. Your bag is great. Fun seeing all the extra goodies in your package, too!

Peddlecar Quilts said...

What beautiful gifts. A lot of thought and care went into that for sure! They are so pretty.

MH said...

that's a sweet looking bag ! I'll bet you'll get a lot of use out of it when you do your classes .

Nan said...

What wonderful gifts to a talented lady from a talented lady - very pretty bag and needle minder!

Judy said...

Wow! I want to be in your swaps!!LOL Love all the gifts! Judy
http://judy-judysfabricaddiction.blogspot.com/

Cheryl said...

Boy oh boy, that is one wonderful box of goodness!!! And chocolate to go with...what else does a girl need ?!!!

Idaho Quilter said...

Boy looks like you hit the jackpot, what a nice postman you have to bring all those lovely things to your door.

trash said...

You lucky thing. They look fabulous.

I'm blog-hopping my way through Chookyblue's SSCS list to see who else is playing.

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Hi Mar,
I hope your feeling well soon. I was so sorry to hear that you had been ill. I've missed you in blogland but had no idea. I'm very sorry and praying for you.
Hugs
Sharon

Cara said...

Hi Mar,
I have missed been missing your posts and then I read Linda's blog-I am so sorry to hear you are not well....I hope you get well soon. Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and that you are in my prayers.
Cara

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hello Mar!

I also heard about your illness! I just knew that something had to be wrong because we haven't heard from you in awhile!

You are in my thoughts and prayers right now! You are never far from our hearts!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Hi Mar
I have also just heard of your illness I do hope you are on the road to recovery..take care
Peg

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I just heard about your illness. I hope the recovery is swift and sure.

Ann said...

WAKE UP MARLENE !!!

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hi Mar!

Just wanted to let you know that I am still thinking about you!

Get Well Soon so that you can celebrate the holidays with you family!

We all miss you!

Holly said...

Hi Mar,
Deb & I came to see you a few days ago. They wouldn't let us stay long because they were getting ready to move you to UCSF. You looked pretty good considering. It's hard to believe you couldn't just wake up and walk out of there. We'll come see you at UCSR when they allow visitors.

Love ya!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

WE will all miss you terribly Mar!! I know your in a better place now but we still miss you.

Unknown said...

How lucky you are! The bag is sooooo pretty! Everything is!
~Emily

Chookyblue...... said...

Mar a very sweet lady and so kind to many in blogland.........you will be missed........thankyou for touching my life.........
Chookyblue in Australia

Lisa Boyer said...

Mar, we miss you. I hope you're at peace in Quilter's Heaven. Bless you.

Laurie said...

Marlene...I know you won't read this live and in person...but you are one of the kindest, most gentle people I know. I will always remember you from Alex's retreat and when Laurie and I met you for lunch a year ago. RIP!
Laurie

Angels Come to Play said...

Dear Sweet Mar,
I never had the pleasure of meeting you but, thanks to all the wonderful people in blogland I feel I know you.
May you rest in peace, the world is a lesser place without you in it.
Shelley

Yvonne said...

goodbye my friend, i really miss you.....

Deb Silva said...

I miss you ... and think of you often.

blueberrylane said...

Still missing you Mar... you touched my life in just a short time....

anareis said...

Queridos (as) amigos (as) I am making a campaign donation to the Christmas of needy children in my community in need are children who have nothing at Christmas, donations will be used to purchase basic food, clothing, footwear and toys if each of us, we give God a little bit multiply in many happy children. If you can raise only keep working because pra campaign they will be deposited in the Bank of Brazil agencia 3082-1 to 9799-3, thank you

deb said...

what a wonderful box of goodies!!!!