I sure hate see this holiday come and go so quickly. Would you believe I saw the beginnings of a Christmas tree lot tonite. They have campers and stakes and a porta potty already!! Nuthin like rushing things!
Tuesday, October 30, 2007
Monday, October 29, 2007
Saturday, October 27, 2007
- 10 years ago - Was working as a clerk for the Department of Human services, going to a lot of Jr. College football games raising my then 18 year old son.
- 20 years ago - Was working for the Dept. of Human Services, I had already been working for them for 6 years. Raising my then 8 year old son.
- 4 Jobs: Worked in a Florist; Fry cook; Clerk; Clerical Supervisor
- 4 Films I could watch over and over: Pride and Predjudice (any version); Dr. Zhivalgo; It's a Wonderful Life; Elf
- 4 TV shows I watch: Desparate Housewives; Brothers & Sisters; Masterpiece Theater; City Confidential
- 4 Places I've Lived: Martinez California, Houma LA, Katy TX, Concord California
- 4 Favorite Foods: Any homemade soup, grilled cheese, broccoli, any kind of pie :-)
- 4 Favorite Colors: RED, Blue, Green, and all of the others
- 4 Places I would like to be right now: Quilt market, mountains, quilt retreat, with friends
- 4 Names I love but could not use on my children: Chloe, Amanda, Mathilda, Benjamin
Now why was this such a chore? See ya later!
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Thursday, October 18, 2007
Monday, October 15, 2007
Sunday, October 14, 2007
Thursday, October 11, 2007
Sunday, October 7, 2007
Now for a pattern. Hmmm, I couldn't wrap my mind around a design. I Spent hours looking online, looking through magazines and books. I found I had one those fabric folding books. AHA, a little bit of an idea. The Christmas book had a pocket type count down hanging. But wait, isn't there a Halloween book too? I Need it! Well I got it and it didn't have anything that really worked. Then I showed Daja the fabric. She didn't like it! Do you see where I'm going with this? $$$ is adding up and I still don't know what I'm doing! Do you do this? Do you start off in one direction and turn completely around? I guess this how I build my stash. Well then, the divorce got started and I put it all aside. I wasn't planning on making this, because of all that has happened, but I kept seeing the fabric sitting there and I had to do it!
TADA, here it is. It's pink and it's original, I borrowed the pattern from the fabric folding book and got some help with lettering from Elizabeth's book and Holly's fabric is so fun to work with. (Thank you for the link info Rabbit Stitchings! ) My lil project is finally done. Just need to sew the button, the label and the sleeve and I can send it off . It's outta here! I sure hope she will enjoy it. I won't get to see her face when she opens it and finds all of the goodies that I'm stashing in those little pockets. The only place I used the original purchased fabric was for the binding, sleeve, backing and pocket liners! The lime has cute purple spiders and I found an awesome lime green button with a spider that is going on the end of the thread running through Halloween under the spider web.
So now I can move on,
I'm off to mind my P's.... pumpkins an pincushions that is!
Happy Birthday to my baby brother and my dear Dad, they both celebrate their birthdays today. You are both always in my heart!