Friday, February 1, 2008

It's FebRuary!

and that's the month with the extra R, what a waste of a good R. I thought this week would never end, it just kept happening. I'm so glad it's FRIDAY ! I won't be able to accomplish too much this weekend and It'll be hit and miss for my blog for thenext two weeks. I will be petsitting in Benicia along with my other day job. You know, the one that pays the bills. The up side is that this is my quilting money and we still need to stoke up this economy!
I haven't accomplished much this week, only prepped my 3rd block for the Piece & Plenty mystery. The turtles are still on the wall and they brought the baby in to the office yesterday for show and tell. I need get that done! I stopped by ThimbleCreek last nite to look for a book for Deb. Nope, sorry Deb, they didn't have it, but I did manage to pick up a new American Jane pattern and one lone fat quarter. This pattern gave me an idea to maybe quench the desire I have to make a hexagon quilt. Time will tell. Thimble Creek is having a super bowl sale on Sunday, so I'm reserving my lust for fat quarters until then. Why pay full price? Last week I stopped in for the same reason (Deb's book) and ended up getting about 10 fat quarters only to have them go on sale last weekend too! I mentioned that to Joe and he gave me a few extra punches on my card. Such a nice guy. He was working on a yummy quilt made with Fig Tree fabrics with a machine appliqued medallion of his own design. Please don't hate me for not having pictures, I'm not one of those bloggers that carries a camera around (mines too lumpy). I'll try to take my camera with me when I walk the dog this week.
What I do have to show you is a wallhanging that will be in my office for the month. I finished this last year. It's a Bunnyhill Design and it was a joy to do! Hope you have a sweet weekend! xoxomar

11 comments:

Vicky said...

I love that wallhanging! Do I have the book Deb is looking for? LOL. Of course, if I did, finding it would be another matter! Hope you get a minute to blog next week. I miss you when you don't! (Hugs)

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous wall hanging.

Lea said...

Oooo, Your wallhanging is so lovely. I love it!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Love your wallhanging Mar!!! So pretty.

Carol said...

Love your wallhanging and that new American Jane pattern is wonderful. I'll be anxious to see how it goes together.

Darlene said...

Lovely wallhanging! Enjoy your week!

Nan said...

That wallhanging is so pretty, Mar! Enjoy the petsitting! I also love the American Jane pattern you bought - I've been eyeing that one myself. Do we get to see the fat quarters you've been purchasing? I hope so! Take care!

Wendy said...

Too bad about not finding the book, but getting FQ's on sale is a bonus.

The wallhanging is delightful addition to any office.

Granny said...

Love your applique! I keep thinking about doing some but I have too many other things to do now. Have fun pet sitting!

Laurie Quilts said...

Hi Mar, Thanks for having lunch with us today. It was great to see you. Let's keep in touch more often. TSB taught me how to blog this afternoon, check it out!
Hugs, Laurie

Unknown said...

Tag, it's your turn! You are IT!!