Thursday, October 11, 2007

Where to Begin?

What a day! It started by taking a bus ride with the Wednesday nite ladies to the Pacific International Quilt Show in Santa Clara Convention Center. This is a huge show, I think the largest that I've been to. I love taking the bus, everyone is always in such a good mood and you don't have to fight traffic coming or going. The show was awesome as always, but I have to say that I really just go to see the vendors, LOL! I think I have already seen most all of the quilts online at one site or another. There weren't many surprises. The biggest surprise to me, was to see so many quilts with very very heavy quilting. I guess that is the trend now that there are so many talented long arm artists. The quilting is beautiful, but sometimes I think it's a little too much, but that is just my personal opinion. I tend to like the more traditional.
My first mad dash at the show was for the Fig Tree booth, Joanna has limited kits made up and they go quick. I just love her stuff, she had her patterns there and I managed to put a sizable ding in my checking account. From there you could follow my trail of drool from vendor to vendor, I think I left a big pool of drool and the Bonnie Blue Quilts booth. Be still my heart, those civil war fabrics tug at me. I wasn't too bad, but according to Vicky's three touch rule, I should have brought it all home with me, I must of picked everything up at least 6 times and put it back. I found out that they are from Katy Tx. , I used to live in Katy Tx.!!
So this was my haul, a little of this, a little of that. I was happy to find the book for my class on Sat. (yes, I have to go back on Sat., oh darn!)I was able to take a nice nap on the bus home. When I got in my car there was a light on the dash board that I didn't recognize! OH NO, I knew I have a small oil leak, but this devastated me. I thought I was being punished for my carefree purchases. I came in and looked in the book... LOL, oops! I forgot I turned the defroster on this morning, whew, saved again! Then I went out and got my mail, what an awesome surprise was waiting for me!
My new bloggy friend Theresa sent me the most beautiful piece of hand dye that I've ever owned, the color is so pure and clean, THANK YOU!! Isn't this gorgeous?To top it off I got news that I finally have enough in my deferred comp account for my employer to kick in a little... nice! Hope your day was good one.... OOOOO I almost forgot, I got chance to see Pam and give her a hug, in fact she probably thought I was stalking her, we were passing each other at every turn! It was great to see her and ... Ok I'm babbling, I can't wait to go back, LOL! I'm gonna go see if I can remember how to put pictures from the show in my flicker album. And also I wanna add that after seeing what Carol bought in just ONE shop, I don't think I bought much at all!! ( a good thing she wasn't with me at Bonnie Blue's)

13 comments:

Carol said...

Oh my gosh Mar if I ever got into a Bonnie Blue booth I'd probably be in way too much trouble. You got great stuff!

Doodlebug Gail said...

What pretty goodies .... love the look of "Yours Truly" - you'll do that before Valentine's Day, won't you? LOL

Laurie Ann said...

Yeah, my favorite part of the quilt show is the vendors too!

Texan said...

I go to the Fig Tree web site and drool often myself! Being in her booth at a show I could do some real damage $$... I see that pretty Bunny Hill pattern as well :O) another site I love to go drool at! Sounds and looks like you had a great time!

zizzybob said...

It seems to me that everyone and their brother now gets their quilts done by a longarmer and the more quilting the better. I plan on hand quilting a small piece for whatever local show is next in line. I can't possibly loose the "best hand quilting" category because I would be the only one.

PamKittyMorning said...

Hi Mar! Fun seeing you yesterday. Everyone is right on top of that posting thing.. I was lazy and just sat around all afternoon! Have fun at class.

Anonymous said...

Oh, you got some pretty patterns! I was eyeballing that heart one from Bunny Hill & just loved the Bonnie Bell booth. Fun to find someone brand new that you like.

Vicky said...

All I can say is WOW!!! Fabulous stuff!!! Have fun at your class! ILY

Yvonne said...

You have got some awesome goodies there....I have to agree with Vicky....WOW! Love your fabric from Teresa...she is the sweetest! Glad you had so much fun. :)

Cheryl said...

Mar, thanks for a peek at the goodies you bought. I also head for all the vendors, and definitely Fig Tree-can't get enough of their stuff. Sounds like a wonderful day.

Kim said...

What a great haul you made! How was your class? What did you take? One of the gals I work with went to PIQF this weekend--this was her first time, and I'm interested to see what she thought. Like you, I would have mainly concentrated my time on the vendors! LOL!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Looks like you had a succesful trip indeed. Love quilt shows. I think I'm going to that one next year for sure.
Thanks for showing your goodies.

Darlene said...

Holy cow - great haul!